FAQ Personal Injury Cases
Frequently Asked Questions About Personal Injury
Explore answers to some of the most typical personal injury case questions below.
- Should I call the authorities after an accident? Yes. The police report will be the documentation you will need for your insurance company and for an attorney, that lists how the accident happened as well as witnesses and other details.
- I was injured due to a defect in a product, what should I do? You are entitled to full and fair compensation for injuries due to a product that is defective and caused harm. This compensation can help pay for your current and future medical and rehabilitation expenses, and even lost wages if you are unable to work. You should keep the product and call a lawyer immediately to see if you have a case.
- My friend's dog bit me, and I have a serious tendon injury that may not fully heal. I don't want to sue him, what should I do? Understand that you will not be suing your friend immediately. Most times we will make a claim against your friend's homeowners' insurance. People purchase homeowners' insurance for this specific reason; to pay when something is damaged or someone is harmed. If you are incurring medical bills, you deserve compensation to help pay for these expenses.
- Can I reach a settlement with the other party's insurance company on my own? The short answer is yes, but an insurance company's interests are not always your best interests. It is common that they will want to settle quickly, for a low amount. Do not sign anything without discussing your situation with an attorney who is highly skilled at assessing and representing personal injury cases. Our main goal is to recover the fair damages you need to heal and move on.
- I fell on the stairs in my employer's building, do I need an attorney? You most likely will file a workmen's compensation claim for slipping at work, but you may have additional legal options to consider. If you fell because of a third-party's negligence, we can make a third-party claim. Speak with our highly skilled personal injury attorney to know your legal options.
- What is the value of my case? A personal injury case's outcome considers many factors, such as:
- Severity and permanency of injuries
- Medical treatment needed now and in the future
- Lost salary and wage-earning capacity
- Liability of the negligent person
As your lawyer, we can complete a full assessment of your case and offer all legal options that will give you an idea of what your case is worth. You deserve and need financial compensation, and we can offer bold representation to help you attain monetary damages and move past this difficult time. We also represent families if a loved one has died due to a negligent party.
- Can I represent myself in a personal injury case? The short answer is yes, but self-representation is not recommended if you hope to receive maximum compensation. Personal injury cases can become extremely complicated. Attorney Christopher Jackson has tried cases in both state and federal courts within Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky. He knows the personal injury laws, the other attorneys involved, the honorable judges, and best of all, he knows how to advocate for maximum compensation. If you are severely injured, you may have great financial burdens as you struggle to pay for medical bills and living expenses over a lifetime. He will fight for just financial compensation, with a compassionate yet aggressive defense.
Get Immediate Medical Attention First, Then Contact Us
Serious injuries may require months of medical attention and rehabilitation. Personal injury lawyer, Christopher Jackson, can develop a bold defense that strives for the most favorable results in your situation. Call us today at 859-261-1111 in Kentucky, 513-861-8000 in Cincinnati or toll-free at 888-811-3247, or send us an email request form to discuss your legal options.
On Your Side When The Insurance Company Isn’t There are times when you have to fight the insurance company. Insurance companies have an obligation to act in good faith when dealing with those who make a claim. Bad faith insurance is not just about getting denied for a claim you feel you were entitled to…
What to do if I am Injured by a Defective Product? If you or a loved one suffer a defective product injury it is critical to Save the Evidence. It is very important to save and preserve the object and any other evidence of what happened. It can be difficult to prove your case without…
Pedestrian & Cyclist hit by car injuries. A lot of Greater Cincinnati attorney’s take on personal injury cases. But you need a professional Personal Injury Lawyer. They think it will be a quick insurance settlement, but will it be the best settlement. Do they understand the case, the long-term issues, and how insurance companies work…
What is Wrongful Death Representation? When a loved one is gone or suffers a traumatic injury, they can’t fight for themselves and their families. We understand the great loss that can be suffered by the families and loved ones left behind or to manage the damage and cost of these losses. We have represented and gone…
For the Second Year in a Row Christopher Jackson has been named as a Kentucky Personal Injury Super Lawyer. 2020 Super Lawyer Selection is a rating service of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The patented selection process includes independent research, peer…
Brain Injury & Spinal Injury Lawyers Is someone at fault for your or a loved one’s brain or spinal injury? If your loved one has suffered a serious or catastrophic personal injury, you want an experienced attorney to help you get full and fair compensation for all your losses. A brain or spinal cord injury…
Determining liability or legal responsibility for an accident can be complicated, but often rests on whether someone was careless or “negligent.” It’s easy enough to say that the person or business that caused an accident must pay for your injuries. But before you get to that point, you must determine who was legally at fault.…
Covington and Cincinnati Personal Injury Attorneys Handling Under-insured and Uninsured Motorist Claims If you have been injured in an accident and the other driver was uninsured or underinsured, you have some very practical concerns. If they did not carry the insurance to cover your medical bills and other expenses, who will? Whether you were injured…
Insurance Companies Tactics to Delay or Devalue your Claim Within the current insurance system, they use insurance company tactics to minimize their risk. A minor injury to soft tissue (M.I.S.T.) resulting from a car accident is often looked over as a legitimate claim. One insurance tactic relies on it being hard to prove pain or…
The first few days immediately following an accident are often the most important for finding and preserving evidence of what happened — and documenting your injuries. You should take the following steps as soon as you are able, to make sure your personal injury claim is as strong as possible. If an accident occurred somewhere other…
Very Nice people, easy to work with. Very understanding & thorough. I worked with Amy, she was GREAT. Would recommend this office to anyone needing a personal injury lawyer & already have.
I was in a car accident and had to find someone to represent me. I was referred to The Law Offices of Christopher of Christopher Jackson. And I am pleased with the end result. It was a process but, in the end I am happy with how The Law Offices of Christopher Jackson handled my case. And fought for the settlement I deserved.
My husband and I were very happy with the results of our case!!
Mr. Jackson was able to complete expungement on 4 charges while multiple other lawyers could not. I now have a 100% clean record. Thank You, Christopher Jackson!
My case was very close to home. Mr. Jackson was extremely understanding and patient with me. He made sure I was okay and didn’t push me to make decisions lightly. He made sure I understood everything and if I didn’t he explained things to me. His character showed that he was not just in this business for the money. He genuinely cares for his clients and their outcome with the case. Would definitely recommend him.
We hired Chris to help us when we were involved in an automobile accident and were injured. The other driver's insurance company was giving us the run around up until that point. Chris was able to make sure that all of our bills were covered and we received a fair settlement. His assistant Sheila was awesome to work with throughout the process as well. I highly recommend!