Get A Lawyer's Trusted Advice On Bad Faith Insurance Matters
Did your insurance company deny your claim? Or have you been treated unfairly by an insurance company? Dealing with insurance complexities is time-consuming. You deserve to have a knowledgeable legal advocate working on your behalf. Insurance companies have an obligation to act in good faith when dealing with those who make a claim. At The Law Office of Christopher Jackson, our attorneys fight to pursue the compensation you are owed when you have been mistreated by an insurance company.
What Is The Law For Insurance Company Claims?
Under the law of most jurisdictions in the U.S., insurance companies must provide good faith and fair dealing to the persons they insure. If an insurance company violates this rule, the policyholder may sue the insurance company on a tort claim and a standard breach of contract claim.
Is Your Insurance Company Not Paying You For Your Claim?
Few people who have a claim denied are able to prove that the insurance company acted in bad faith, but those who can be able to pursue large awards for damages.
Our Attorneys Have The Experience To Fight Insurance Companies
Insurance companies, both large and small, have extensive resources to protect their interests, but when they act from a bad faith position, it is important to understand that the law is ultimately on the side of the victim.
Fighting insurance companies acting in bad faith without the experience of a legal professional is incredibly difficult and can seriously impact the results you get. Our law firm can help you take control of the situation and fight back when an insurance company acts against you in bad faith, such as:
- Denied coverage
- Unreasonable delays
- Underpayment of claims
- Failures to defend
If an insurance company has acted against you in an aggressively unreasonable manner, then you may have an insurance bad faith claim. When your results matter, make sure you work with a law firm that has built its reputation on a record of proven results.
Don't Wait — Act Now On Your Bad Faith Insurance Claim
Fight back over unfair claims settlement practices. In Kentucky, it is an unfair claims settlement practice for any person to commit or perform any of the following acts or omissions:
- Misrepresenting pertinent facts or insurance policy provisions relating to coverage at issue
- Failing to acknowledge and act reasonably promptly upon communications with respect to claims arising under insurance policies
- Failing to adopt and implement reasonable standards for the prompt investigation of claims arising under insurance policies
- Refusing to pay claims without conducting a reasonable investigation based upon all available information
- Failing to affirm or deny coverage of claims within a reasonable time after proof of loss statements has been completed
- Not attempting in good faith to effectuate prompt, fair and equitable settlements of claims in which liability has become reasonably clear
- Compelling insureds to institute litigation to recover amounts due under an insurance policy by offering substantially less than the amounts ultimately recovered in actions brought by such insureds
- Attempting to settle a claim for less than the amount to which a reasonable man would have believed he was entitled by reference to written or printed advertising material accompanying or made part of an application
- Attempting to settle claims on the basis of an application that was altered without notice to, or knowledge or consent of the insured
- Making claims payments to insureds or beneficiaries not accompanied by statement setting forth the coverage under which the payments are being made
- Making known to insureds or claimants a policy of appealing from arbitration awards in favor of insureds or claimants for the purpose of compelling them to accept settlements or compromises less than the amount awarded in arbitration
- Delaying the investigation or payment of claims by requiring an insured, claimant or the physician of either to submit a preliminary claim report and then requiring the subsequent submission of formal proof of loss forms, both of which submissions contain substantially the same information
- Failing to promptly settle claims, where liability has become reasonably clear, under one (1) portion of the insurance policy coverage to influence settlements under other portions of the insurance policy coverage
- Failing to promptly provide a reasonable explanation of the basis in the insurance policy in relation to the facts or applicable law for denial of a claim or for the offer of a compromise settlement
- Failing to comply with the decision of an independent review entity to provide coverage for a covered person as a result of an external review in accordance with KRS 304.17A-621, 304.17A-623, and 304.17A-625
- Knowingly and willfully failing to comply with the provisions of KRS 304.17A-714 when collecting claim overpayments from providers
- Knowingly and willfully failing to comply with the provisions of KRS 304.17A-708 on resolution of payment errors and retroactive denial of claims
Failure to follow the Unfair Claims Settlement Practices Act is a violation of law, and a bad faith insurance lawyer can help you fight the insurance companies.
If you need a lawyer to get your insurance claim, know that the longer you wait to react against bad faith insurance, the more the time insurance companies have to build their case against paying you the benefits you are owed. If you even suspect that you may be a victim of bad faith insurance and may need a bad faith insurance lawyer, contact us at The Law Office of Christopher Jackson for a free case review, and we will discuss your case for no charge and let you know the next steps. Call us at 859-261-1111 or at 888-811-3247 (toll-free) or email the firm to schedule a free consultation.
FREE PHONE CALL AND CASE EVALUATION for any type of case; it's always a free phone call.
FREE CONSULTATIONS for personal injury cases, including home, hospital and office visits; evening and weekend appointment are also available.
NO ATTORNEY FEES in personal injury cases unless we win your case. That means zero money is due upfront, and we only get paid when we win (client may be responsible for court costs).
Determining liability or legal responsibility for an accident can be complicated, but often rests on whether someone was careless or “negligent.” It’s easy enough to say that the person or business that caused an accident must pay for your injuries. But before you get to that point, you must determine who was legally at fault.…
Expungement Eligibility Here at the Law Offices of Christopher Jackson, we are experts in expungement eligibility. Often receive phone calls from people who have conducted their own research and are confused as to what convictions can, or cannot be, expunged. Ohio law allows for ONE felony conviction or, ONE felony and ONE misdemeanor conviction, or…
Covington and Cincinnati Personal Injury Attorneys Handling Under-insured and Uninsured Motorist Claims If you have been injured in an accident and the other driver was uninsured or underinsured, you have some very practical concerns. If they did not carry the insurance to cover your medical bills and other expenses, who will? Whether you were injured…
Insurance Companies Tactics to Delay or Devalue your Claim Within the current insurance system, a minor injury to soft tissue (M.I.S.T.) resulting from a car accident is often looked over as a legitimate claim. One insurance tactic relies on it being hard to prove pain or injury. While out of pocket costs for medical treatment…
The first few days immediately following an accident are often the most important for finding and preserving evidence of what happened — and documenting your injuries. You should take the following steps as soon as you are able, to make sure your personal injury claim is as strong as possible. If an accident occurred somewhere other…
What is the right way to go about filing an insurance claim? Before seeking legal counsel there are a few things an injured party can do right away to increase the success of their claim. Go to the Doctor. The first thing is to immediately go to a doctor and clearly communicate your injuries without…
Experiencing a motor vehicle crash is devastating. You may have long-term injuries requiring medical appointments, physical therapy and prescription drugs for months, even years. It is critical that you speak with a personal injury attorney who cares and knows the law. The reputable attorneys at The Law Office of Christopher Jackson are experienced with serious…
Very Nice people, easy to work with. Very understanding & thorough. I worked with Amy, she was GREAT. Would recommend this office to anyone needing a personal injury lawyer & already have.
I was in a car accident and had to find someone to represent me. I was referred to The Law Offices of Christopher of Christopher Jackson. And I am pleased with the end result. It was a process but, in the end I am happy with how The Law Offices of Christopher Jackson handled my case. And fought for the settlement I deserved.
My husband and I were very happy with the results of our case!!
Mr. Jackson was able to complete expungement on 4 charges while multiple other lawyers could not. I now have a 100% clean record. Thank You, Christopher Jackson!
My case was very close to home. Mr. Jackson was extremely understanding and patient with me. He made sure I was okay and didn’t push me to make decisions lightly. He made sure I understood everything and if I didn’t he explained things to me. His character showed that he was not just in this business for the money. He genuinely cares for his clients and their outcome with the case. Would definitely recommend him.
We hired Chris to help us when we were involved in an automobile accident and were injured. The other driver's insurance company was giving us the run around up until that point. Chris was able to make sure that all of our bills were covered and we received a fair settlement. His assistant Sheila was awesome to work with throughout the process as well. I highly recommend!