FAQ Motor Vehicle Accidents

Commonly Asked Questions And Answers About Motor Vehicle Accidents

Explore the following most commonly asked questions and answers regarding vehicle crashes in Kentucky. We’d be happy to speak with you about your concerns in person or by email.

Q: What types of motor vehicle crashes do you represent?

A: We represent a multitude of collisions involving motor vehicles, such as:

  • Car crashes
  • Pedestrian accidents
  • Motorcycle wrecks
  • Bicycle collisions
  • Taxi and transportation accidents
  • Semi-truck crashes and tractor-trailer collisions
  • Commercial vans and truck crashes
  • ATV and off-road wrecks

Q: What are the initial steps one should take after an accident?

A: Following these first steps are critical for insurance documentation and a possible court case:

  • Determine injuries.
  • Obtain the police report.
  • Take photos of the accident.
  • Secure medical forms.
  • Speak with your insurance company.
  • Call a lawyer, and take the responsible party into legal proceedings.

Q. What is the first thing I should do after a car accident?

A. The most important thing is to assess the severity of your injuries and how they will affect you now and in the future. How long will you be out of work? Will you be able to go back to your same job? We have relationships with medical doctors who can treat you and secure payment once there is a settlement.

Q. I have an injury from a vehicle accident where another party was at fault. Their insurance company has offered me a settlement, should I take it?

A. The other party’s insurance company does not have your best interests in mind. Many times, they will try to settle with compensation that is a quick, low-ball offer. We will fight to help you strive for maximum compensation based on your level of injuries. We will review your future health care needs and ability to work before accepting any settlement.

Q. Why should I call a lawyer if I’ve been involved in a serious accident?

A. An experienced, Kentucky motor vehicle accident attorney can investigate factors, details and evidence of your collision. If needed, forensic professionals can assess the situation.

Q. I have injuries from a crash that was the other party’s fault. What type of compensation am I able to ask for in a lawsuit?

A. A lawsuit represented by a diligent attorney can request compensation for a number of expenses relating to your injuries, including:

  • Medical expenses: Bills for ambulance, hospital, physical therapy, medications, medical equipment and in-home medical visits.
  • Property damage: Damage to your vehicle and/or damage to a boat, trailer or motorcycle you were towing and other cargo.
  • Lost wages: A lawsuit can request lost salary from not being able to work or for having to take a job that pays less because of a disability caused by the accident.
  • Pain and suffering: This is physical and emotional stress you incurred due to injuries.
  • Punitive damages: These types of damages can be requested in the event of seriously negative circumstances, such as the defendant who caused the accident was drunk or on drugs.

Q. My sister died as a result of a car collision that was not her fault. Can we claim a wrongful death lawsuit?

A. Immediate family members may seek damages in a wrongful death lawsuit for funeral expenses, burial bills, loss of companionship and loss of household services.

Q: How Can Your Legal Representation Support My Case Outcome?

We prepare at length to offer a solid defense that strives for your most positive outcome and maximum compensation. We overlook no detail and involve forensic professionals, if necessary, to study all of the evidence. We represent clients in and around Covington, Cincinnati and other area communities. Contact us at 859-261-1111 in Kentucky or 513-861-8000 in Ohio. You may also inquire about a free case evaluation with our convenient quick contact form.